The LEGO SERIOUS PLAY® method (LSP) is based on the belief that everyone has something unique and valuable to contribute to discussions, decisions, and outcomes. Its methodology releases and enables individuals and team’s insights and imagination. People gain understanding and clarity regarding the identity and dynamics of their organization. They are empowered to make effective decisions and do so with confidence and commitment.
The LSP method is a facilitated thinking, communication and problem-solving technique for organizations, teams, and individuals. It draws on extensive research from the fields of business, organizational development, psychology, and learning, and is based on the concept of “hand knowledge”.
The LSP method is based on a set of fundamental beliefs about leadership and organizations:
- Leaders don’t have all the answers. Their success is dependent on hearing all voices in the room.
- People naturally want to contribute, be part of something bigger and take ownership.
- Allowing each member to contribute and speak out results is a more sustainable business model.
- All too often teams work sub-optimally, leaving team members knowledge untapped.
- We live in a world which can best be described as complex and adaptive.
These beliefs create the foundation for the methodology.
In a next blog post, I will detail the LSP usage for Business Innovation
Return to top